- Law studies at the Universities of Freiburg im Breisgau and Trier, Germany
- Doctoral studies at the University of Freiburg at the chair of Prof Dr Wolfgang Frisch on the topic of “Environmental criminal law in Germany and Spain”
- Post-graduate studies at the University of Alicante, Spain: “University Specialist in Trade Marks and Designs”, followed by an internship at the Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market (OHIM) in Alicante
- Post-graduate studies at the Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, IL, USA: “Master in International and Comparative Law”
- Legal clerkship at the Higher District Court in Karlsruhe, intern rotation at the German Chamber of Commerce for Spain in Madrid
- Admission to practise law granted in 1998 by the Rechtsanwaltskammer Freiburg im Breisgau (Freiburg im Breisgau Chamber of Lawyers)
- Since 1999, practice as an attorney-at-law in industrial property right protection, among others at MILLER Rechtsanwälte (Freiburg), Dennemeyer & Associates (Luxembourg), Patzina Rechtsanwälte (Frankfurt) and Paul Rosenich AG (Liechtenstein) patent office.
Dr Alexander Miller primarily works for the Lichtenstein office of Rechtsanwaltskanzlei Viehbacher.
- German (mother tongue)
- Industrial property right protection, particularly brand and design protection, filing strategies, portfolio management, availability searches, collision monitoring, opposition and appeal proceedings, strategies to combat brand and product piracy
- GRUR (Deutsche Vereinigung für Gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht e.v.) (German Association for Intellectual Property and Copyright Law)
- DSJV (Deutsch-Spanische Juristenvereinigung) (German-Spanish Lawyers Association)