Attorney-at-law & Bar-Accredited Specialist Lawyer in International Business Law (GER)
Attorney-at-law & Notary (LIE)
Education and professional trajectory
- Two-year apprenticeship as a tax consultant assistant, concomitant with a two-year basic course in business administration pursued at the University of Regensburg
- Subsequent four-year study of law at the Universities of Regensburg and Munich (Ludwig Maximilian University), concomitant with internships in Munich law firms and seminars in commercial, corporate and intellectual property law
- Two-year court, public prosecutor, administration and law firm training
- A total of two years at the Princely Court of Liechtenstein in Vaduz, the office of the Public Prosecutor of the Principality of Liechtenstein, the legal service of the Principality of Liechtenstein and employment within a law firm
- Authorised as a legal practitioner in Germany and Liechtenstein; worked in Austria and Switzerland as a lawyer established in Europe; member of the Liechtensteinischen Rechtsanwaltskammer (Liechtenstein Chamber of Lawyers), the Rechtsanwaltskammer Nürnberg (Nuremberg Chamber of Lawyers) and the Rechtsanwaltskammer Wien (Vienna Chamber of Lawyers)
- Johannes Viehbacher, attorney-at-law, is a member of the European Bar Association D.A.CH., the Deutscher Anwaltsverein (DAV) (German Bar Association), the "International Legal Relations" working group in the German Bar Association, the Deutsche Anwalts- und Steuerberatervereinigung für die mittelständische Wirtschaft (DASV) (German Bar and Tax Advisors Federation for Medium-sized Enterprises) and the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA), and he represents Munich within the International Business Law Consortium (IBLC)
- His focus for many years has been economic (criminal) legal mandates between Liechtenstein, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- An additional fields of focus is consultation and representation for foreign mandates in company law/foundation legal matters in Liechtenstein and consultation, performance and representation in voluntary tax disclosure matters.
- Due to his proven superior theoretical and practical knowledge of international economic law, in October 2014 Mr Viehbacher became the first attorney in Bavaria – and one of the first in Germany – to be granted the authority by the bar association in Munich to use the designation “Specialist Solicitor for International Commercial Law".
- Appointed as public notary in the Principality of Liechtenstein